If you’re the main provider for your family and are worried about their financial future if you were to die, a life insurance policy can provide peace of mind.
Life insurance can help your family cover burial expenses, education costs for your children, loss of income or any other financial need.
Below, you’ll find our selection of the best life insurance companies for April 2022. We’ve called out their distinctions, along with the various types of policies and premiums they provide.
If you were looking for a Life Insurance it’s better for you must compare the rates from different companies to choose the best available rates for you.
Best Life Insurance Companies Reviews
Why we chose it: Bestow issues term life insurance more quickly and easily than most companies, and it offers an unusually high death benefit for policies that do not require a medical examination.
- High coverage (up to $1.5 million) without a medical exam
- Online application and quick processing
- Terms range from 10 to 30 years
- Long (30-day) free look period
- No riders available
- Sells only one type of life insurance, term insurance
- Must be less than 60 to qualify for coverage
- Policies not available to residents of New York
Bestow is our choice for individuals who want to get life insurance coverage but don’t want to go through the hassle of a medical exam. The company sells term insurance policies (and only those), so you can apply online and purchase a policy without visiting a doctor or having tests such as bloodwork done. You can get up to $1.5 million in coverage, which is a higher maximum than for many other no-exam policies.
Also Read: Best Car Insurance Companies of 2022
The company uses your personal information and your answers about your medical history, hobbies and lifestyle to determine your eligibility for life insurance and your rates. Bestow claims you can get a quote and purchase a policy within minutes, all online.
Bestow policies are issued by top-rated insurer North American Company for Life and Health Insurance. Additionally, life insurance from Bestow is now embedded into Lemonade’s app and website. Bestow also offers a comprehensive library of helpful information.
Why we chose it: Ethos stands out as a life insurance provider for accommodating a wide range of potential applicants, including those who may have struggled to qualify for insurance in the past – such as older individuals. Also, prospective customers can receive a quote within minutes without needing to talk to an insurance agent.
- Sells term and permanent coverage
- Guaranteed issue policies available
- Quotes and application process entirely online
- Accelerated death benefit rider included on most policies
- Little information publicly available about optional riders
- Limited permanent life insurance options
Ethos offers three types of underwriting:
- Simplified issue: Simplified issue policies require you to answer questions about your health and medical history, but medical exams are not necessary.
- Guaranteed issue: With guaranteed issue policies, you cannot be denied based on your medical history or health.
- Fully underwritten: Fully underwritten policies require medical exams and bloodwork.
Ethos uses either simplified issue and fully underwritten methodology for its term policies, and guaranteed issue underwriting for its whole life insurance policies (no company we know of offers term policies with guaranteed coverage).
The guaranteed issue whole life policy is available to individuals between 65 and 85. Applicants can obtain instant approval for up to $25,000 of coverage, regardless of their medical history.
Most include an accelerated death benefit rider that allows policyholders to tap into a portion of their benefits if they’re diagnosed with a terminal illness.
Sproutt is an online, independent life insurance broker offering a simple and tech-oriented approach to choosing and purchasing traditional, no-exam and guaranteed life insurance policies.
Its three-step process is fast and easy, making it an attractive choice for people who want life insurance but don’t want the headaches that usually come with applying for it.
Sproutt has a three-step process for getting life insurance online. First, you answer a number of simple questions about yourself and your lifestyle, including where you live, your age, your general health, your income, your credit score and your activity level.
Sproutt uses this information in the second step to generate a “Quality of Life Index” (QL Index), which employs data and artificial intelligence to develop unique insights and pricing.
The final step is to select the plan and price that works best for your lifestyle. It takes about 15 minutes from start to finish to go through the online application and get rates from leading providers.
Also Read: Best Car Insurance Companies of 2022
- Options available for those who identify as non-binary
- Uses technology to match people with the right policy coverage
- Uses Quality of Life Index to underwrite policies
- Extremely easy process
- Highly personalized
- No-exam and guaranteed options
- No-exam policies may be denied if you’ve filed for bankruptcy
- No in-person assistance
Why we chose it: As a comprehensive online life insurance marketplace, Policygenius offers one-stop access to both term and whole life policies from a wide range of partners, including some of the best life insurance companies mentioned on our list. Unlike some other comparison sites, this one pledges not to sell your information to third parties.
- Quickly and easily compare quotes from multiple insurers
- Agents don’t work on commission, the company says
- Multiple types of insurance are available
- Online quotes are not available for all providers
- Takes more time than some other options to get a final price
Policygenius takes the top spot as the best comparison tool and broker for its satisfying provision of one-stop shopping from a range of insurers. Policygenius’s partners include such names as AIG, Banner Life, Brighthouse, John Hancock, Lincoln Financial, Mutual of Omaha, Pacific Life, Principal, Protective, Prudential, SBLI and Transamerica.
This online marketplace also offers an extensive library of educational resources for those new to life insurance, including recommendations for life insurance for people who suffer from depression and diabetes. Coupled with its broad range of coverage options such as term or permanent coverage policies, these resources make Policygenius a standout option for comparing life insurance quotes.
If you need help choosing the right policy or coverage amount, PolicyGenius’ agents can give you personalized assistance. They are paid by salary rather than commission, the company says, so they aren’t incentivized to oversell or to direct you to certain products that may earn them a higher commission.